Saturday 8 June 2013

technological enslavement

hmm
technological 
enslavement 

-this-

it's kind of a debasement
of real communication

don't you think?

(lost)

better then, to be without?
better then, to just go about 

speaking out loud
in person

immersion 
-of real sound-

human to human
voice to voice
face to face
it leaves you no choice
but to be 
kind of present

don't you agree?

kind of like

text message
-sent-

but where it went
who knows

outer space, those waves
they just keep travelling
on and on
and on and on
until they bounce back along
a dead end, a garbage shoot
(better yet, to stay mute) 

kind of like

text message sent
sure, but listen
it kind of went bent

and 
that ain't me
waiting endlessly 
for a reply
on and on and on 
I don't know why
I did that

-waited-

cos I never do 
I never wait
I never care
I create my own fate

one that doesn't rely 
on flimsy waves
invisible/ unreal
it makes slaves

of the free
so now to be 

without, 
hmm, that sounds
pretty good to me
(for a while at least)