Thursday 6 June 2013

settled for-never

unsettled 
the sun settled 
and yeah I don't know why 
I can't get out of this 
I don't know why I wish
nothing existed
maybe I missed it
-the thing I needed to not miss-
and now I run the risk
of missing everything 
else, I already am, 
sleepwalking 
I don't see them, they don't see me
already, I'm wearing my invisibility
cloak, just wish I could soak 
in real life, wish I could absorb
-real life-
the computer screen
it's not it
that unearthly gleam
it's not it
the crowds I pass by 
not it
-a thousand sighs-
am I getting closer?
the hundred hello's I forgot to say
not it
not blanking you that day
it's not it
real life
I wish I could absorb /-it-
I'm sorry, not really, but I am 
for not trying at all, 
for ignoring you each and every day
for never looking into your eyes
for never having the guts to say
-hello-
but hello, it doesn't really mean
anything, so I'll just continue 
to be invisible, for I don't really exist. 
REAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLYYYY
-hell, what does that even mean-