Wednesday 27 November 2013

not a coconut/ just a regular one

not a coconut
just a regular one
a regular nut
yeah I like to birdwatch
from any makeshift hut
in any random and remote place
yeah one of my favourite songs
is full of grace
not a coconut
just a regular one
but I do like to hum
old tunes from the fifties
I like to read up on
ideas from the sixties
I like to hike in the countryside
beside the opens seas
beneath the open skies
does that make me a coconut?
yeah I like looking at colourful art
at the tate
but does that make
me a coconut?
yeah I like a good roast
and jam on toast
but does that make me a coconut?
yeah i like to say good afternoon
to those I wish to have
a good afternoon
but does that make me a coconut
I like to recite hamlet
and read poems by keats and blake
I wonder, does that make
me a coconut? 
yeah I like drinking tea
and eating cake
does that make
me a coconut
yeah they say
I don't know who I am
but I know exactly who I am
and listen I never gave a damn
about labels 
or what you's lot thought
cos well life has taught 
me to just do me
to just be whoever i wanna be
and I don't care what that is
naaah not a coconut
-just a regular one-