Wednesday 20 February 2013

supposed to be

I remembered all one hundred thousand of you
last night, and as I bypassed through
memories, of each and every journey
just like that I knew, what brought me to this place,
I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be-
though sometimes it's hard to see
clearly, there is magic and wonderment 
in every moment and
I saw it in a strangers eyes;
remnants of yesterday's sunrise
and though most of you have gone away
I forever want to stay- here, 
see, I've never been one to live in fear,
though fear follows me around
like a black cloud, and every now and then 
it pours down
rains of uncertainty, but certainly- I am here.
I am exactly where 
I'm supposed to be.
and I have to believe, 
that I can be good 
and still be me, still be a free-spirit;
spirited and free. I love to meet 
strangers on streets
to share ideas and stories, 
raw beauties and mistaken glories.
I can. and I am, exactly where I'm supposed to be. 
I mean, honestly- it's not that I want to fail 
it's not that I want to trail 
behind you. It's just that-
 I love living this life 
it's the only life I know. The only life I've lived 
that's why I drift, it's who I am. 
I wonder, can I really be good 
and still be me, can I still be- 
free...?