Tuesday 3 September 2013

secret river steps

sitting on those 
secret steps again
in the gold evening light
low tide
I watch the seagulls ride
the blue river waves
I listen to the busker sing
that old song
by the flaming lips
do you realise
Do You Realize - we're floating in space -
Do You Realize - that happiness makes you cry
Do You Realize - that everyone you know someday will die
And instead of saying all of your goodbyes - let them know
You realize that life goes fast
It's hard to make the good things last
You realize the sun don'-go down
It's just an illusion caused by the world spinning round
so I sit and listen to the muffled lyrics
from afar I barely heard them
but then I looked them up and it was exactly
what I heard in my mind
the tingling feet
a million bugs
the words ringing in my ears
memories plaguing my mind
and St Pauls
looking at me, in sorrow
wondering why I'm always here
he watches, as I cross the silver bridge
and sometimes I swear
he talks to me;
a speck of sand
in the vast desert of time
we were here together 
you and you and you and you and I
you and sy