Monday 24 December 2012

Rise up

See, it's hard for me to explain
all the demons that I'd slain
Back when I was seeking
Back then I gained
so much with each new sacrifice
I would not only suffice
I would rise
up from the ashes
reborn, torn from that dark past
I never thought I'd outlast
those voices that would resound
in this head. They were so loud
I was proud
of myself
for the first time in my life
I felt like I was alive
I felt I finally I undersood
the wise 
and the wise words
I was once taught
by my ancestors, prophets
pilgrims and brethen
See, I fought and conquered
my lower self
-with a quiet stealth-
I fought and I won
But slowly everything I ever
worked for came undone
I tried again and again
to regain what left me,
what once was
but despite all my efforts
I failed to be there
and now I live in fear
that I'll be forever lost
whether or not I give up
everything
again
and
again
and gain nothing
from giving
and giving up
everything
See, only those who have
experienced
that grace, will face
the misery of uncertainty
perhaps till eternity 
surfaces...