Sunday 26 January 2014

time is (forever) runnnnnnningggggggggg outtttttttttt

nah, you never understood it
                                     the urgency in my voice 
each rushed and impulsive choice
I made
naaah            you never understood it
our time was running out
                             you never understood it
our time was running out                              
          I was losing            sleep 
                                          thinking about 
how our time was running out
you didn't know it
I did. I was rushing about
talking to clocks
trying to convince
             all big hands to stop
ticking,    I tried convincing
                                                            the sun to quit turning, 
just for a while
ten million years maybe
now it's all so hazy
-----almost like a vague dream
                                                      that never was

-naaah, you never understood it-