Thursday 27 July 2017

stay a while.

these silent nights
these long walks
these winding paths
these cosmic doors
the secret garden is in full bloom
stay a while, 
                            don't leave too soon, 
these moments 
                        components
                                       of another way 
these absurd conversations
                    hope coupled with frustration,                         
 simple elation
ridiculous new beginnings
between losing and winning
I came by mister mouse at paddington
on the platform, half torn, 
he scurried all around me 
I was rain drenched, almost free 
from the night monsoons
my heart was racing from sprinting
across neon river roads
vague umbrella silhouettes
I suppose I suppose I suppose
there's a protection in it
i go without
the bridge over the serpentine
green earth and inky sky, both half mine
the handsome stucco houses
two stars above
the road is curving, 
and I'm losing my way
  but this
hope and frustration,    
 simple elation
of feeling a certain way

stay a while
won't you
stay a while longer