Tuesday 12 February 2019

nero man

(prelude)
a man in cafe nero
unearthly and wild
yet meek and mild 
perhaps lonesome 

what was his name again.

he said hello when i passed him
i said hello back and smiled
he said you have a beautiful smile
I took a seat and after a while
he presented me with a poem
a poem for the smiling woman
I took it and said thank you
and he proceeded to pour 
out the contents
of his head
he's led 
a rich life
learning though learning is difficult 
because he has learning difficulties
a rich life, 
learning to building the self 
through never ending strife
/this being human/
the way we arrive 
in the places we arrive

my phone rang and I told him I had to answer it
I wished I never answered it
and instead kept listening to him
that man meek and mild 
outspoken, almost riled 
perhaps, so lonesome

nero man 
what was his name 

how strange, 
this one precious life
may we learn to give our time
to the ones that are in need of it
may we learn 

to give for nothing.
and love in the same way.